Friday, May 28, 2010

Spirited Away & Coraline

Watching "Spirited Away" always gives me the shivers, in a good way. If it's not the amazingly good animation and concept art that blew me away, it's definitely the heart of the storyline that had so much to offer to the audience. After that movie, I am in awe of the artist and the crew who had helped to make the movie a hit.
Once a friend told me she went on a trip to Japan with her classmates and actually went into the studio where "Spirited Away" was being produced. She told me there was a big group of colourists, artists, concept artists all huddled together in a dark studio room, working tirelessly on the animation, and they seemed like they had not even taken a break once. Kudos to them, and it made me appreciate animation films more, hope it does for you too.
Next up, we watched Coraline, with its kooky characters and unusual storyline, it caught my attention completely. It was haunting, creepy, scary and it highlighted to us how parents should show their kids with more attention, if not it would be really hard to keep track of who they are when they grow up and start to have different mindsets and have their own sets of values.

No comments:

Post a Comment